Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

One placement finished, one to go

~
Finished my four weeks last Friday. On Monday will start my final 2weeks placement.

I am now feeling alot better about passing this semester. My marks have come out for all of my assignments.

Research: 38.5/50 = 77%. To pass the whole subject, I now need to get 11.5/50 in the exam - and I feel that is certainly attainable :D.

Integrated Nursing: 84/100 & 94/100. As the 2 assignments had different weightings applied, the final result was: 21% + 18.8% = 39.8%. To pass this subject, I have to pass the exam (which is to get at least 27.5% of the remaining 55% total possible marks). If I pass the exam - ie just get 27.5% in the exam, I will gain a credit overall for the semester. Again, I feel passing the exam is attainable (just have to study hard). So the exam situation is looking healthier from my point of view.

I received some nice comments from my facilitator, and she has agreed to be a referee. That is good - at this stage in the degree, it is all about getting that job.

If I am not successful in gaining a graduate position, I plan to start working on a selection criteria for the 2 private hospitals in the area. But that will be after exams.

In the previous post, I mentioned a bitchy RN (S). Well, it seems she has been a problem for the remaining staff for some time now, and on my last day there, they were all documenting the numerous problems they have had with her in the past, as they intend to try to out her. Wow - how about that. They were telling me some of their previous problems with her, and it certainly seems as though something needs to be done. They have alot of staff who simply refuse to work with her.

That is all for this post. Next will probably be about my first day on my Mental Health placement :D
~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home