Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bummer!

~
I mucked up the interview - I am sure of it!! And no, it isn't just me being down on myself, as some on my placement feel.

The people interviewing me started each question by sprouting off about the selection criteria. Well that threw me, as I had been under the impression that as I had to send responses to the selection criteria in the application, that part of the process was over. And it took a fair while into the interview before I began to see why they were mentioning the selection criteria before each question. They wanted me to answer based on the selection criteria also - and that exactly what I did not do!! By the time it actually clicked with me what type of response they were after, I was answering the final question.

Immediately after I hung up the phone, I knew it had gone badly. They even re-worded a question to try to elicit the correct type of answer from me, and they had trouble trying to re-word it so they didn't straight out give me the answer - how stupid am I???

Oh well - I now feel like I am armed for the next interview, as I have been told alot of the Queensland hospitals run the same type of interview style.

But gee - I wish I had had an idea that was how the interview is run before this one, as this was the job I really wanted :-(.
~

3 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Aw, bummer :( That's so sad. Well, hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it? (((((((Hugs))))))) and don't feel down too long, okay?

11:19 pm  
Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

Yup :(

Well, I'm glad you put in that last bit, because its good to look ahead. And good that now you know what you're doing.

We can't do anything properly in life without first doing it at all. Or to put it more famously: "If something's worth doing, it's worth doing poorly until you do it right." - Somebody famous who I've forgotten, and probably misquoted too!

Best of luck with (well firstly, with maybe this one went well after all, and also) the future interviews!

11:23 pm  
Blogger Ra'Phil said...

Thanks for your comments guys.

My facilitator at my current placement did offer this small consolation: "Maybe some others will have stuffed up worse than you did and you still get an offer"

So until the first week of June, that is what I have to hope for - that someone was worse. :S

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home