Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Monday, May 09, 2005

And the good news is.....

~
I have a telephone interview for the grad program!! :D

It will be this coming Thursday at 11am, and I will be on placement. But my placement is providing an office for me to receive my telephone call in.

The one thing I worry about with that, is that people say you should have a heap of 'stuff' around you to lay your fingertips on when they are asking questions. Well, that will be hard for me, considering I will be in someone's office at my placement, rather than in my own home. But beggars can't be chosers, and I am just happy to be having an interview at all :D. I won't find out how the interview went until after the 30th May, as that is when the first round offers go out from the employers.

When I finished work today, I received a phone call, and it was my husband. He had been a part of a group of trucks that had come back for gear, and called me to see if I was still at work. I had finished, but was still on base, so we caught up for a few minutes. He has this 'sideburn thing' going, which is NOT COOL. He knows I don't like it, but he was already planning to shave it off before he comes back 19th or 20th May. Thank goodness for that!! It was nice to chat to him, and I felt sorry that I couldn't tell the kids about seeing him. But they wouldn't understand why he couldn't come home and stay if I told them about our meeting.

One thing about working at the hospital on the base when my husband is away; each time they mentioned a new admission, that had been injured out field, and was from his unit, I held my breath until I heard it was not him. That is something I haven't thought too much of before - but it is a VERY REAL POSSIBILITY :(.

Well, I guess the next post will be about my interview (the teeth start chattering).
~

2 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Yikes I hope you get good news!!! Crossing my fingers.

Yes, that is a real possibility that he could be injured, truely. I hope not, for sure!!!

Nice that you got a chance to talk to him!!

11:54 pm  
Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

Sounds good!! Very best of luck my friend!
And dont worry about your hubby, he'll be fine.

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home