Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Oh the joys of work!!

~
Worked with a nurse (S) who was a bit of a bitch today. I went to lunch with my clinical facilitator (D, who is basically my boss) and we arrived 5-10mins late - and the RN had a go at me for not being punctual. Even though I was with my facilitator, S said "In her RAP, she did not accept tardiness for any reason, even having lunch with the facilitator" I told my facilitator about it, and in retaliation, D is moving me to a different RAP tomorrow. I say it is in retaliation, because S had asked for me to stay in the RAP with them, and obviously Dee has moved me anyway. D asked me if I wanted to move, and I sad it didn't really matter, as I spent most of my time with the Medics - not S.

But that is pretty minor in the whole scheme of things. I have been enjoying this placement immensely and one nurse does not really detract from that. If I let it, then I probably wouldn't get too far with nursing - it happens EVERYWHERE.

I assisted an Doctor (a Captain) who was originally from India, today. He has transferred into the Australian Army from the Indian Army, and he is VERY hard to understand. He kept saying "Soak it, Soak it" and I thought he meant to soak the gauze in Chlorhex. But he meant to dab the gauze in the patients blood that was oozing from the site, to make it easier for him to see. Ahh well, that is life!

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home