Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Be Respectful of others - another blog

Wasn't planning on saying too much about Terri Shiavo - my mind is usually on the medico side of what is going on in these sorts of cases. But the post in this blog and others after it (in date) is practically a replica of my views. This lady is a psychologist and has obviously done her research. I think the people who spend a lot of time believing Terri would be better off with the feeding tube back in, should take the time to do the sort of fact-finding this person has done. My goodness, the courts don't usually take the action of agreeing a tube should be left out lightly. It is a hard decision with all the facts needing to be strong for the husband to have won.

I know posting an opinion like that can bring forth many opposing views. But all of us have our own opinions, and the medical info I have been taught, has agreed with what this person has blogged.

Hesitant almost nurse signing off :S

Edit: Just had to add this link to another blog: clicky

1 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Well, yes, there's a danger of stating your views, I'd agree. But I'm not afraid of saying I think it right to let her die. It's a tragic case, truly. But for the gov't and politics to get involved just makes it all the worse in my mind.

I hope you all have a Happy Easter Morning at your house. Enjoy your family! As will I.

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home