Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Tennis Time!!

I just love my Tennis. I used to play up to 3 times per week before we had our first child, then managed once per week as a regular fill-in during my 1st year at University and am about to join a team for ladies night tennis once per week.

I am unfit, haven't played for over 2 years and I am as not as young as I used to be. What I meant by that last comment, is that no longer can I just run out onto the court and start playing without a warm-up, which is how most social tennis players play. I need a warm-up, or I end up with something going snap in the muscle department.

So I thought to myself, why not ride to Tennis? I used to do it when we lived in Wodonga, Victoria. But it might be a good way to warm up the muscles on the way......then my husband said, "But what about at the end of the night - you still have to ride back home again" and he is right. But, like all stubborn people, I will have a go and probably prove him right - hahaha.

Now you may think to yourself, that the ride home will be good for loosening up the muscles after playing, and that is right - in theory anyway. But at 9-10pm (and sometimes later depending on how the games go) I may just want to hop into a car and drive (the 5mins :O) home.

Next Tuesday starts the practice sessions and four weeks after starts the competition.

Hopefully I will be injury free :P

2 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Good for you, in all senses of that phrase. It'll feel great. Think of this way, maximum calories expended if you ride bike LOL. More bang for the buck, so to speak. I hope you enjoy the tennis. Me, I'm useless at tennis. Took a course one summer and the teacher basically said at the end "I don't think Tennis is your sport Debbie". LOL. Can't get more blunt than that!

9:25 pm  
Blogger Ra'Phil said...

lol that is funny Toria. I personally think that if I can play tennis, anyone can. My husband is a good tennis player, but he played juniors etc. I only took up the game at age 19 and just loved it - was hooked. We hope the kids will be interested in the future and Rachel is showing signs of interest now. And anyway, I never said I was good :P

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home