Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Nearly Christmas

Well today I started some preparations for Christmas day. I took the turkey out of the freezer to start defrosting and worked out a time-planner for what I have to do and when on Christmas day.

We took the kids to the pool and I then brought our son home for his sleep while my husband stayed longer with out daughter. While they were not home, I took the presents out of our son's room (he is 11mths old and wouldnt know what the presents are) and hid them in ours.

I am very excited about Christmas. I can't wait until after my daugher is in bed tomorrow night, so I can get the presents ready to put under the tree. We will put them under the tree just before heading to bed, just in case she decides to get up for various trivial reasons before she falls asleep proper. We have also bought the kids a trampoline (I cringe as I think about the possible injuries) and that will be put up by my husband after they are asleep too.

When I was first married and without kids, I used to be bored on Christmas day. It was a day of visiting relatives and giving each other a token present. But with kids, it is excitement all over again. I love how my daughter is finally interested in Christmas. I tried to get her excited last year (3 years old) and she didn't really understand until she was unwrapping all of the presents. Then she began to see what it was all about. Then this year, she couldnt wait until the calendar was showing December, so she could see the 25th.

Great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home