Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Now to start thinking about work....

~
We are upgrading our desktop - Yay! I love my laptop, for sure, but because it is so difficult to upgrade, it becomes outdated very quickly. So this will be mainly used for internet surfing, as a portable DVD player and other bits, while the new desktop will be for gaming, DVD burning and other bits and pieces. We should have that next Tuesday or Wednesday with any luck.

We have also started the process to have the fortnightly childcare payments salary sacrificed. With me starting work soon, our childcare assistance will be next to nothing, so by salary sacrificing the amount ($400 per week) that will at least reduce our taxable income and therefore our tax.

I have an appointment with the hospital for July 18th at 2pm. This is to sort out the paperwork they sent me and to arrange my photograph identification and uniform.

Our first week (beginning 1st August) is something like this:

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: Computer orientation, WH&S and Fire Safety, Medication calculation test, BLS test, and hospital tour etc.

Wednesday & Friday: On the wards with nursing educators revisiting IV's, meds, handovers etc and ward orientation.

The following Monday, 8th August, will be our first day on the wards with our own patient allocation etc.

On Monday, I will find out my results for last Semester's study. Then it is 3 weeks until I start my new job - as a Registered Nurse :-).
~

1 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Wootage on that! Wooo HOOO, the finish line is in sight J. Tremedously happy for you. Yes, it's been a road travelled to get there, I bet. Good luck with the paperwork and stuff.

*HUGS* and a high five in congrats!

1:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home