Name:
Location: Australia

I am a Registered Nurse with 2 children, both under 6 and a wonderful husband.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Last exam.......I hope!!

~
Last night, my husband tested me with 24 A4 pages of questions I had set......my memory was appalling, and I just kept drawing a blank. I couldn't believe I had already read all of this stuff a few times, but couldn't remember any of it. So I sat up late last night reading the answers to my questions again, and then again first thing this morning, and again just before the exam. In the end, I felt nothing was sinking in, and each time I read something, it was like reading it for the first time :-(.

I was just about having a Panic Attack before the exam - which was one of the conditions I was about to be examined on!!

Standing out the front of the examination room, one of the girls from my tutorial group told me she no longer knew what she really knew and what she didn't - nothing was sticking. So I knew I was not alone - but, she didn't have a job riding on passing this exam!! She had the option of a supplementary exam to fall on if she failed today.

Started the reading time of the exam, and as always, I started answering the multiple choice. Some I knew - some I guessed, so nothing unusual for an exam. As there were only 20 multiple choice, I was finished with time to spare, so I started reading the short answer questions.

Suddenly, it was like my brain exploded into gear and I couldn't read more than the first case study, as I already had too much information bursting at the seams to get out. So I did something I didn't usually do - I started writing my thoughts onto the scrap paper so I didn't lose anything while I kept reading. It was the longest 10minutes of reading time I have ever experienced, but it was only 10minutes, no longer.

Then I could finally start writing on the exam paper, and I ended up with a cramp in my wrist and fingers from holding the pen and wrist ridged while I was writing so much.

There were a few questions that I didn't answer too well, but on the whole, if I have not passed this exam - then I have totally missed the point of ALL of the questions!!

I'm going to be REGISTERED soon!! :-D
~

1 Comments:

Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Woo HOO! That's wonderful Ra'Phil. Yeah, isn't it amazing how that happens? I've had that happen too. Where your brain just suddenly clicks and the flood of info is all there. I'm glad it happened to you at the right time!

Congratulations and good work, my friend.!!

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home